There is no better time than now to learn how to prevent diabetes. And believe it or not, small changes in lifestyle will drastically improve not only the chances of becoming diabetic but will also greatly improve quality of life. Here are the top 6 causes for diabetes and prevention tips:
- Not enough physical activity: ride your bike or walk to errands; make exercise part of your general routine by scheduling activities; carefully plan and limit shopping trips to one trip per week. Find helpful tips here.
- Obesity: commit to increased physical activities and a healthy diet. Eat and buy the healthy foods you enjoy most. Check out your options at Dokteronline for losing weight.
- Unhealthy diet: eat more fresh fruits and veggies, more healthy fats like fish and nuts; also eat foods high in fibre and drink lots of water. Find helpful tips for a better diet.
- Smoking: medication, lifestyle changes, and nicotine substitutes (or a combination of the three) can help you quit for good. Check out your options at Dokteronline to quit smoking.
- The ageing process: a healthy diet and regular exercise go a long way to aging gracefully. Check out your options at Dokteronline for rejuvenation.
- Heredity: while there are no tips to prevent cases of hereditary Diabetes, but it makes living a healthy lifestyle even more important.
We also recommend taking a bi-yearly test and have created a reminder service so you can stay in charge of your health. Would you like to receive a free reminder?